Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.villas-apartments.rentals (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, open a host account, post material, edit your profile, book a stay, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and if you are a user with accommodation to rent out (a host), bank account or PayPal details, or if you are a user who wishes to rent out accommodation (a Guest) and make a booking via our site, billing information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site or a booking.
2. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number or email address used to contact our customer service department.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
3. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how users move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by your user name and remember your preference (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Third parties use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed by advertising networks more relevant to your interests. We share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in them table below.